Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Make-grow-thrift...

Once again I'm joining in with Jodie the Haby Goddess and her regular Monday feature Make-Grow-Thrift. Last year I wrote about volunteering to take a box of donated squares that had been given to the group I belong to, Knitting for Brisbane's Needy. So far I've made 3 blankets (one is in the banner of my blog) and number 4 is being worked on now. I might add that the box is still half full so plenty of work still to do.



When I sorted all the squares and put like with like etc, there were a number of square/rectangular shapes, in just 3 colours, possibly knitted by the same person. I wondered whether they were practice swatches or maybe samples of various patterns; they are quite varied in their sizes but all beautifully knitted.




There were only 16 of them so not enough to make a blanket on their own. So on the weekend I started 'fiddling' with these shapes plus others in the box and gradually a 'crazy' patchy blanket is starting to emerge...early days yet though. But I find I'm really enjoying the challenge of creating something out of all these odds and ends.



Postscript:- A reminder that Friday Night Sew In is on again this Friday night (Feb 17). Why not sign up over on Heidi's blog right now?

1 comment:

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Boy Maria, do you ever stop lol! You must be the busiest crafter I know. You do such a wonderful job.
Thanks for playing along each week xx