Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

FNSI or Friday Night Sew In...

I was so tired on Friday night that I fell asleep sitting up and had a little snooze. That was enough to give me some energy and I then sewed donated squares together. The rug pictured in my banner was made with  ninety squares mainly crocheted with the variegated yarns like 'prints'. After finishing that rug I had 60 squares left over. So I've ended up making a blanket 8 squares by 7 squares. I tack the squares together with a few stitches at each end, then tack them into rows and columns. Then I have an easy task of just sewing up each column and row which can be done at Knit and Natters or at home  at the table on the veranda or in front of the TV. The hard part of easing each square in to fit with the others has all been done at the tacking stage, so it really is 'easy peasy'!



Hmmm a few ends to still weave in...

So for FNSI, I finished that sewing up. Because a SOS had been put out through the forum requesting larger rugs, I then started to crochet around the outside of this smaller rug. I still have a few more rows to go and then it will be ready to hand over. The group that I belong to was unable to fill all the requests for warm blankets/rugs, that have come in in the last few weeks from the various organisations, and this  has started a 'flurry of activity' amongst the members to replenish stocks.

Two rows of crocheting around the edge are done...







3 comments:

Becky said...

OH! That is so pretty! I love bright colors mixed with Neutrals... makes the colors just POP!

Maria said...

LOL I like that Maria. Nodding off on the job. At least it gave you the boost to get all the squares stitched together. another beautifl rug.

Lea White said...

That is really beautiful!