Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yes, Spring is 'just around the corner...'

A little while ago I noticed a small bird's nest in one of our bottlebrush (callistemon) trees in the front yard. Then, last Monday I saw an adult sized bird's head peeping over the top of the nest. Today I heard cheeping coming from this little nest and I watched the adult birds flying back and forth with food in their beaks. I'm just so entranced by the fact that we have some birds nesting in our yard; to me it's so amazing and I love it! These nesting birds are Noisy Miners, a.k.a Soldier Birds or Mickey Birds and you can read about them here.



The nest near the top of the tree




If you look closely, you can see the parent bird 


I also took some photos in the newest vegie patch today...things are going well....


A jungle of tomatoes...

A forest of peas...they are just about up to the top of the bamboo teepee

Talking of spring...a few weeks ago I joined in a Seasons' Swap and have been working on a project for this...


I love the greens that I'm using in this project...
Tomorrow night is Friday Night Sew In and I plan to get organised for that tomorrow morning...well that's the plan at this stage anyway!
There is one more post about the Brisbane RNA Show which I'll write tomorrow!  We did so much in that 8  hours we were there! :-)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Those tomatoes look great! HOPE YOU HAVE A BUMPER CROP!

duchess_declutter said...

wow - huge pea crop by the looks too!

kaiteM said...

As far as your vegies go you are never out of Spring/Summer. I can't even plant Summer crops until Melb Cup Day.

Susan said...

Hi Maria, your vegie garden takes the prize - oh boy, that beaut load of peas wow!