Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

O.A.S.S. ...

Yesterday I got my parcel for the Once a Season Swap; the season being Summer. My parcel came from Tracey . So I excitedly opened up the post bag... and what a lovely surprise! My parcel was wrapped in fabric which featured bathing boxes! And you know how cute I find them :-)



When I unwrapped the fabric, this is what I found...


This was the front of the lovely card...

Blogger has 'decided' that this photo should be rotated, despite all my efforts :-( But as you can see, it is a lovely mug rug. It will be great to replace the cardboard coaster which sits on the coffee table, with this beauty.


Some chocolates... (DH is very pleased :-)lol  )


And then I wondered what the folded item under the chocolates was, so I unfolded it to reveal....

This wonderful summer themed wallhanging; all beautifully appliquéd and quilted. I was absolutely rapt!

Thank you so much Tracey for being my swap buddy and another big thank you to Cheryll for organising this swap throughout the year.
I have so enjoyed being involved in swaps this year that I've signed up for Sue's first cushion swap for 2013 .  
Registrations for this swap close December 15 and cushions are to be made and posted by January 30. Why not visit Sue and read all the details? I've found being part of swaps this year to be very motivating to re-visit old skills or try new ones! 

5 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Aha! So the fabric that it was wrapped in was a clue after all! What a grand surprise!

Mistea said...

Lovely.
So haopy that this went to the right new home.

Enjoy your little summertime hanging.

Anonymous said...

wow Maria what a lovely swap parcel to receive from Tracy,love that wall hanging,i agree love the swaps.xx

Susan said...

What a great parcel to receive. Love the idea of wrapping it in material too. Such a gorgeous piece of applique art too. Very special :D)

Anthea said...

Wow Maria, what a lovely parcel of goodies to receive, that wall-hanging is just fabulous!