Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oops...

I didn't want this photo in this spot but Blogger has decreed that that's where it is to be! grrr

Playing around with colours and patterns...
Looks like I have more fabric themed sewing notions, than I realised...
I'm making a cushion for my swap buddy's sewing room and I had decided to do some hand piecing using long hexagons. I planned to use what I already had in my stash...well I had planned that but did buy a pack of 15 six inch squares of sewing notion fabric from Ebay! I reasoned that I had to have some variety :-)

here is my little pile of hexies cut out...

Some more of the fabrics are visible in this pile...
The other day (Monday) I was looking through part of my stash to find some fabric for Lucy's storybook bag and what else should I find????
Firstly some fabric FQs I bought as souvenirs when I went to Norfolk Island a few years ago...look at those designs on the fabric!



But wait there's more...I don't remember buying this... but there is at least, .75 of a metre. And it's rather lovely I think...


And look what else I found (below). I do remember buying this on one of my visits to JJ's in Redcliffe. (great fabrics; good brands etc and only $6.95 or so per metre)
And I thought that I didn't have enough variety of fabric designs based on the theme...My 'downfall' is that these fabrics were not sorted and grouped they were just 'thrown in a corner' so to speak, still in their shop bags. So I do need to check everything in that sewing room of mine! even if it is a scary thought! lol
When I first bought this I thought that the pattern was piles of books...later realised they were bolts of fabric. Put the biro there to show the size...






I sewed quite a few of the hexies together yesterday at Sisters of Stitch and I think I've also worked out what I will cut the central squares out of...but not revealing all that just yet! I'm hoping to include some hexies cut from some of these new-found fabrics too.

So stay tuned as they say!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have been busy busy maria,cant wait to see it finished.xx

Maria said...

Sew many FABULOUS fabrics.. Love them all...

Naturally Carol said...

I think the little bolts of fabric are just the cutest! It is amazing isn't it, what we accumulate and put away carefully and then rediscover.

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful fabrics Maria. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them.

Becky said...

Looks like lots of happy stitching there!