Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Family and friends gathered yesterday...

My niece threw a small party for her daughter's birthday yesterday.

The guest of honour had been 'trained' by her mum to go to the door to greet guests as they arrived...but it became so exciting for Miss Lucy seeing all these gifts arrive along with the guests, that her mum had to remind her occasionally, to say hello to the guests! lol



Lucy's mum helping with the presents..


My DD2 gave Lucy a baby stroller as she remembered how much she loved her toy pram all those years ago


 Last year, my niece made a cover  which turned the table into a cubby...Lucy and her little friends played in there yesterday...



There's that bunting again....
 My brother (Lucy's Poppy) gave Lucy a basket for her balance bike which he had bought her last year. Plus lots of other stuff, because that's what grandparents do! lol


 Then I asked if I could get a photo of my brother and his mother Shirley. Shirley and her late husband, adopted Harry when he was 10 days old.... after our mother gave him up for adoption straight after he was born.Shirley sometimes thinks of me as 'one of her kids' too! lol

 Family members started taking lots of photos of the 3 of us and then someone said...'Rowan,' (my nephew)you get in the photo too'. So he did....
 Then someone had the idea that we should get a photo of the 'girls'...so my 2 DDs and my brother's partner, joined Shirley and I...

 Then my niece came outside to see what we were all up to and we got her to stand in for a photo too! With baby Max too of course...


After a few games for the children, it was time for the cake...


Max slept most of the time snuggled in the baby 'sack' but he did wake up for lots of cuddles from Poppy...




DH and I gave Lucy a mirror from IKEA. Because she had been quite overwhelmed with gifts, I had put it aside, saying to my niece that it could be unwrapped on another day. But my niece wanted me to see Lucy unwrap it, so she did just before we left. I didn't take a photo but have taken these  images from the IKEA online catalogue. As soon as I saw it in one of the display bedrooms...I just had to have it for Lucy. (the mirror is not made of glass)


She loved it!

(Family members with bare feet do own shoes but they leave them at the front door. My niece, like her mum, follows Buddhist teachings, and shoes stay outside) I always forget and just waltz in shoes and all!) 

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a wonderful family gathering!

Dorothy said...

Lucy is such a sweetie - glad she had such a fun day. Lovely family pics to treasure too. xox

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Lucy. Maria you have a lovely family and it's great to get some pictures of you all together. I must thank you for your wonderful offer to donate a throw for fund raising. I'll be in touch with you later with an idea if you don't mind. Hugs Sue

Justjen said...

What a beautiful family you have Maria, and I love that mirror - fit for a Princess :-)