Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Next door...

In December 2010, I wrote a tirade whinge post about the house next door. Well actually the post was about the proposed development of the property and how I expected to lose my lovely view from the little front bedroom that I now use as my sewing room. 




I ended the post by saying that probably nothing would happen for 12 months. Well a month or so after the tenants left in early 2011, we noticed that a new tenant had moved in. There were even some minor repairs done to the house that year as well. Then in February this year this tenant told us that he had been given notice to move by March 15. So on Monday March 18, I waited for work to start...lol, but it was just men with clipboards and more surveyors. 

Then on the following day, there seem to be a bit of action early in the morning, so I went outside with my camera...











 I was interested to see these surveyor pegs which extend out on to the footpath on the corner...the large gardenia bush on the footpath may be a 'goner' which will be sad...


I took this photo from inside our house and watched the workman dig a hole...


 I went and had my breakfast then. When I came back in 15 minutes or so, they had filled the hole in??? and then the workmen left. I noticed though that the panel of fence they had taken off was replaced and the sign attached to the fence.

And that is all that has happened so far. I said to DH the other day, 'You know this is going to sound quite anal, but...' and he filled in...'You're going to get Judy (our neighbour across the street) to take photos of the site if work started while we are in NZ'...and he was right! lol

5 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Such a shame

Anonymous said...

it is a shame.xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this bit of news Maria. I have a shabby old wooden house next door, and a neglected old Queenslander across the road. I am very happy for them to stay there in their shabby state as I think the same development will happen as they are both on large blocks. Hope it doesn't happen on my watch!

Justjen said...

It will be sad to see the old house being demolished - all those family memories.

Cathy said...

I do hope you don't end up with the monstrosities we have at the back and beside us. No amount of complaints at the council meetings did any good.
Now your idea to have a proxy photographer shows enthusiasm and dedication - not always shared by some in the community
Take care
Cathy
commenting via blogger - link is to new w/press blog

Cathy @ Still Waters