Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

FNwF...

Because I'm a bit busy here tomorrow and because I'm 2 hours ahead of the east coast of Australia at the moment, I'll show what I did this evening for Friday Night with Friends before I head off to bed.
This morning I wandered around Wanaka and saw a yarn shop called 'Fine Wools Wanaka'. It is a beautiful shop, selling both woollen garments and a lovely range of yarns and even some beautifully sewn toys.'  I bought a skein of NZ mohair because I had decided to knit another mohair scarf. I had to smile when the lady who served me said as I was leaving, 'You do know that you have to wind the wool into balls first?' I assured her that I did know that! lol
When I got back to the house here, I wound it the old fashioned way...no not with someone holding out their arms with the skein spread out between their hands...this way! lol


The photo doesn't really show the colour variations in this lovely yarn...lots of purples, mauves, blues and a deep sea green...yum! lol
I'm using that shell pattern again as I now know the pattern off by heart! And it's easy...4 row pattern with only one row of yarn round needle and yarn overs to make the 'holey' bits. The other 3 rows are plain and purl.

This evening, I also worked on this rectangular shawl. I started this a week before we left home with the idea that I would wrap myself in it for the wedding outdoors tomorrow afternoon. The black and the blue match the colours of my outfit. But now I'm wearing a cape/jacket that was purchased at Akaroa, instead.  If it should be warm tomorrow I have a silk velvet poncho that I brought from home...but I don't think it will be warm. lol

Thank you to Cheryll for organising FNwF,  and if you want to see what other people have been working on just use the link here.

5 comments:

Paul Forster said...

The shawl is looking lovely! Coming from the South Island I've been to Wanaka several times. It is a lovely spot!

Susan said...

As always your knitting is gorgeous - cant wait to see the mohair up close!

Noela said...

Lovely purchase and knitting Maria. Have a wonderful day tomorrow or was that today. Hugs.......

tales from a handmade home said...

Beautiful knitting, the yarn is gorgeous.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Your knitting is beautiful, pretty yarn.