Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

FNSI...

Last night 56 people from around the world joined in with the monthly Friday Night Sew In. I worked on 2 projects; one sewing and one knitting.
Firstly I cut out more long hexagons out of Christmas fabrics...


I sewed a few hexies over paper and then realised that I was running out of paper hexagons...so I cut some of those...

I was keeping an eye on the time because at 8.30 I planned to watch Miss Fisher's Mysteries on Channel 2. So I only stitched a few fabric hexies over paper...
Some of these were stitched in a previous FNSI, but this is the progress on a Christmas runner so far...

Then at 8.30 I moved to the loungeroom and the sofa...and my knitting...


 I've posted 2 photos of this mohair throw...one closer up and one standing back a bit. It's now 60cm long so is growing nicely. The bright orangey-golden-green variegated yarn is from The Spindle Tree in Hobart, and is the most beautiful hand dyed yarn.

This throw will go to a friend whose husband died suddenly earlier this month.

Well that's what I 'got up to' last night. Why not visit Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts to see what some of the other 55 participants worked on...or all of them if you have lots of time! lol
Thank you also to Wendy for organising FNSI :-)  .

A little while ago, I changed the settings on this blog to allow for Anonymous comments. I had hoped that this would make it easier for non bloggers ( or those without Google email accounts) to leave a comment. Unfortunately all that has happened is that my Inbox is inundated with Spam. I plan to change the settings back next week to disallow Anonymous comment. If you read my blog but are a bit shy about commenting, how about you say hello and introduce yourself before I change the settings? I'd love to hear from you :-)

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your throw Maria, it is beautiful. Good work on your hexies too.

Deb R said...

I agree your throw is lovely Maria!

Noela said...

Lovely hexi stitching and beautiful knitting. Hugs......

retdairyqueen said...

The hexies will make a lovely runner

Marilyn said...

Your hexies are looking good, and the throw is coming along beautifully. Can almost feel the soft cuddlyness of it. (oh dear - is that a word?) lol

Susan said...

a very productive night Maria. Yep - like Marilyn - love the cuddliness!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful work Maria,well done.xx

Simone Harding said...

A beautiful throw and runner. Yes spam is not nice at all.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely productive Friday.

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

Your hexie project is coming along nicely. Your friend will appreciate the throw, best wishes to her.

Happy days.
Bev.

Maria said...

Another lovely throw Maria.. The christmas runner is also coming along nicely.

Anthea said...

Lovely progress on the hexy's Maria, it will be a stunner when it's finished... and yes I feel the Cuddlyness of the crochet too... great work.
Spam is a pest, so good on you for changing the settings