Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back to Brunswick Part 2...

Each day I would go for a walk along the river bank and also around the park itself. The area is quite flat so it was perfect for me getting back into exercising.
Looking upstream...

A closer look at that peak in the distance...




Looking straight across the river from near our cabin...

Looking across the river and towards downstream...

Looking towards the mangroves...the birds love this area
 There was a crested pigeon walking around the river bank but the photo is a little blurry as he wouldn't stand still for me! lol

I took the next photo looking straight down at the river's edge. I was so amazed by how clear the water was. You can see the tiny fish...


Another shot from the river bank...this time looking towards the bridge
Now some scenes inside the park...

The sites in the middle of the photo belong to 'permanents' and I loved their little gardens; so many bromeliads!

A view of the grassed area behind one of the amenities blocks; a group of people had marked out a yellow rectangle earlier in the day and had played some sort of game

On Thursday afternoon, the manager of the park came around advising campers to secure any loose items because there was a storm on the way. I took this photo of the sky...


As it turned out, the storm did not arrive but we had some rain...

On Thursday night, DH and I went out to dinner with another friend of DH's who was also playing in the comp. This friend had been told by workmates of a good place to eat in Brunswick Heads...The Fat Belly Kaf, so that's where we went! This restaurant serves Mediterranean style dishes and the idea is to order a number of dishes to share...and we did. The food was delicious! DH's friend ordered Greek custard for dessert; the waiter warned him that it was a big serve...and it was! A dish 15cm square filled with the lightest custard...I don't normally eat desserts but I had 2 spoonfuls, as did DH, just to help Allan out! It wasn't very sweet which was a nice surprise... it was delicious. 



On Friday I had some visitors who came to lunch. Nanette, a fellow blogger and also a member of K4BN, along with her friend Christine, joined Mary and I for lunch. I had made a quiche ( with DH's help) at home which we had frozen and brought with us specifically for this lunch date and Mary cooked one of her special eggplant dishes.

Mary cooking on the little camp stove in their annexe

And Charleigh the dog also came over for lunch. Charleigh couldn't come up on to the veranda where we were lunching (park regulations) but she stayed happily on her lead snoozing under the hedge at the front of our cabin.

After lunch Nanette and I had some Show and Tell, but as we are both working on 'top secret' projects at the moment there wasn't  a lot I can show! lol


It was lovely to finally meet Nanette in person but as she said, because of her reading my blog posts she already knows lots about me and that is the nature of blogging...some great long distance friendships!




2 comments:

angela said...

Looks like you had a greqt time. The photos are fab thanks for sharing

Nanette said...

I had a lovely time Maria and really enjoyed meeting you at last and Mary too. Thanks for the warm welcome and delicious lunch. And wasn't it fun to show sneak peeks of our secret stitching projects?