Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bloggers' Meet...

Last Sunday our bloggers' group here in SE Queensland, Stitchers' Inc, met for a Christmas celebration in the meeting room of the Garden City library.

There was a yummy lot of food...


And all these intriguing secret Santa parcels waiting there also...


We sat around the tables, chatting/eating/stitching/knitting...



And of course when this group gets together, there is lots of laughter!!!

If you look closely you will see some lovely bonbons which had our paper hats inside plus a fat eighth and some glass markers (earrings!! lol) We were spoiled by a number of ladies who had gifts like this for all of us. 


Then the time came for those gifts to be handed out. I noted that 'Santa' had lovely neat writing...
My parcel was 'squishy'...what could it be?


And this is what I found when I unwrapped the parcel; I was absolutely thrilled with my table topper and gorgeous needlecase. Inside the card I found that my Secret Santa was Marilyn and you can just see her in the photo below...she is wearing the blue top. Love love love my gifts!



In this photo Maree is holding 2 items that featured Michelle Ridgway embroidery designs; the needlecase that Marilyn made for me and the lovely fabric box that Debbie made for Maree.
Many of us have written a post about this wonderful get together. I have loved reading these other posts with their different photos etc, giving a great all round view of the afternoon.
Debbie, De, Cheryl, Noela, Lynda, Maree, Marilyn and Susan are just the few whose posts about Sunday I've read so far.
Next year this wonderful group will continue with a new name, 'Sunday Stitchers' and a new venue at Ormeau; very exciting 'stuff'! 

4 comments:

Maria said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day..
Lots friends, fun, laughter, food, drink and beautiful gifts exchanged.

Susan said...

It was a load of fun - loved your runner. I'm sure our new venue will be great.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely group of ladies. And what beautiful work you all do.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like you girls had a wonderful day together...........lovely gifts...........