Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas swaps, continued...

Another Christmas swap that I signed up for was the Santa Sack one organised by Cheryll over at 'Gone Stitchin' '
My partner in this swap was Alison, and here are the lovely parcels that Alison sent me...


We were given a date which was 'opening day' for these parcels and I opened all but one...leaving this one parcel until December 25.


And this is the lovely surprise that I found inside this parcel...
I was absolutely thrilled with this delightful  bag with the beautifully embroidered hexagonal panel...it's gorgeous!

A close-up of the stitching...

 Because I have used a 'red and white' theme in my hutch decorating this year, I put the lovely mug that Alison gave me with my 2 other red and white mugs...it looks wonderful!

And another big thank you to Alison for all the beautiful gifts that she sent me. Thank you also to Cheryll for organising this swap.
Now for quite a few weeks (on and off from September actually) I was doing 'secret sewing/knitting' as I prepared gifts for my swap partners...now I can show some of the items...
The little gathered fabric basket I made for Alison...

I popped in a pack of paper serviettes with a Christmas theme...

I also made a wall hanging for Alison...surprise! The design used hexagons! lol


Also for Alison, I made some bunting and one of my hexie ornaments...

 My goodness, yet another hexie design. This time I made a Christmas themed hand towel for Alison and paired it with some locally produced handmade soap.

 I've already shown most of the swap gifts that I sent to Barb in Maree's Xmas swap...now i can reveal what  was in the parcel to be left under the tree... I had bought some interesting yarns for Barb's gift but then I read the 'rules of the swap' again...oh dear, it said that that gift had to be handmade...so that's how the fabric basket came to be made.
I used some knitting themes' fabrics from my stash...

And here are the balls of yarn; the brown tones (hand dyed merino 4 ply) one came from 'Knitch' and the Bernat yarn came from 'Yarn Over', both yarn shops here in Brisbane.


In Chookyblue's Christmas Swap, I was partnered with Satu, all the way away in Finland. I took advantage of the cold weather that Satu must endure at Christmas time, to knit her gift...
I used some Patons Lace which has sweet little sequins threaded on the yarn. I have shown little glimpses of this project as I worked on it some SNwF and FNSI...it ended up being quite long and I needed two towels spread out to block it on...

And here it is, folded up and tied with some Christmas ribbon ready to be popped into a postbag to begin its journey to Finland.


And this little kangaroo stitched on a face washer went along to Finland as well!

Satu wrote a post here recently and she included some delightful photos of her cat Fenix checking out the goodies which Satu received in the mail! He's beautiful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely gifts you made for everyone Maria.xx

Lin said...

I have enjoyed seeing all the lovely gifts you have received and have made - thank you for sharing the pictures and I wish you a happy and healthy New Year. xx

Nanette said...

Beautiful gifts you made...and received. I like the little fabric basket.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...amazing goodies made and received...

Noela said...

Lovely gifts exchanged Maria. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hugs......

Jindi's Cottage said...

Beautiful gifts...great idea to use a hexagon as the stitchery panel on the bag...fun knitting fabric in the knitting basket (did you purchase the fabric recently by any chance and could tell me where you bought it?)...

Nicky said...

Beautiful Maria, you really do love hexies don't you?!