Search This Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friday Night with Friends...and a birthday present!

Last night was the first Friday of the month, so that means it was also Friday Night with Friends where bloggers from all over the world, stitch, knit crochet etc and then write a post about what was achieved. Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin'  is the organiser of this event. (the link will take you to the post that had the sign up link and using those links you can visit all 49 (or at least some) of those who signed up)
I only have a tiny bit to show...


Yes some more hexagons :-) And something to do with Christmas perhaps? lol

But now I must show you what Lynne, my partner in the Mrs Martin's Celebrations' Swap sent me for my birthday! Because my birthday fell the day before Mothers' Day and because there was a Mothers' Day item in our year long swap, Lynne had asked me whether I wanted my birthday gift then...or would I prefer it to be sent at a later stage in the year. I opted for later and that time came just recently...
Lynne made a beautiful card which I forgot to photograph but all the other lovely items were photographed...you will see why I was 'blown away' and thrilled to bits with what Lynne sent me...
A beautiful project bag with lovely embroideries and in my favourite colours...


The snazziest knitting needle case that features an vintage style women's magazine cover; just like the mags I can remember my mum reading in the 50s when I was a girl very young girl. :-)


And inside the case were some lovely Tassie-made knitting needles in a size that I use a lot!


And Lynne also sent me this wonderful book...I've already been poring through it deciding what to try first. All the designs are gorgeous! And I know I have some lovely 8 ply yarns in my stash that would look great crocheted up using granny squares.


Many thanks to dear Lynne for being my swap buddy this year!

9 comments:

Jill Butler Design said...

What an amazing gift. Just love the bag!

KERYN B said...

Your hexagons are lovely and I love the fabric. Looks like you will have fun with that knitting book.

Lin said...

Lovely gifts and I am intrigued by your hexagons!

Sue Niven said...

What a lucky girl you are!. A super birthday gift indeed,

Michelle Ridgway said...

Goes to show hexies are right for every occasion Maria. Your gifts are gorgeous! No wonder you are thrilled with them.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely hexies and what an amazing gift...

Anthea said...

Hi Maria - hexy's are a lot of work, do doing those for the evening is great going! Love all the goodies you have received from Lynne, what a thoughtful swap partner she is.

Maria said...

Lovely Hexies Maria and such gorgeous gifts.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty Christmas hexies made and beautiful gifts received.