Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Friday...2 different views...

Last Friday I had a varied day...
In the early afternoon I attended a funeral in The Little Flower Church at Kedron.

Looking up the hill towards the church, from the carpark; on the left is one of the Padua College blocks
Sadly the funeral was for the 28 year old daughter of a former teacher colleague. A had lost her 3 year battle with bowel cancer, on the Sunday before. I expected it to be a 'large' funeral so I got to the church 45 minutes before the service was due to begin...the carpark was nearly full but I was able to park in one of the lower levels...parking areas have been made by terracing the hillside behind the church.
Lovely views from the carpark...

Beside the church is a boys' school Padua College and that is the school oval seen in the next photo


Like a number of funerals I've been to recently, this service, though a full Catholic Requiem Mass was not dour and sombre but really reflected the 'bubbly' personality of A and so, in effect, was a 'celebration of her life'.

Later in the afternoon at 4.30, DH and I headed up to Mt Nebo to have dinner with my brother and his partner. Their home is set on 10 acres of what was once a banana farm. I love to sit on their deck which overlooks Samford Valley and just look at the view...as it was late afternoon there was still plenty of light...


Looking west...

Looking north east

Remnants of the banana plantation...
 Myra has 2 dogs and 3 cats...Tux (Tuxedo) was my BFF on Friday night...he is so friendly but so hard to take a photo of him as he tries to 'smooge' the camera'! lol
I took photos of the view from the deck as the house is going to go on the market shortly. My Brother and Myra have been so busy painting and generally sprucing up the property, including the sheds etc and I hope that their hard work will pay off with a buyer coming along and offering a good price. As they plan to then buy in 'suburbia'. I thought that I should get photos of their magnificent view while I could.
All in all, it was a busy day last Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what beautiful views from your brothers place.xx

Susan said...

Funerals are also so sad - especially when for such a young person. I think your brother will miss the views - maybe not the upkeep

angela said...

How very sad for your friend to lose their daughter. I'm so sorry.
Your brothers place has some amazing views, I'm sure they will miss them once they move into suburbia.

Heirloom treasures said...

Maria your friends daughter was far too young to go. You know,noone needs to die from this awful decease,It's totally curable if caught in its early stages. All people need to do is have a colonoscopy every 3-5 yrs. So sad to know that so many die each year from it.
On a brighter note, the views from your brothers home are stunning,I bet they will miss that.
Hope your week will be a happy one xx