Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

On Thursday we rode the Big Bus Tour

We caught the train to Green Park where the tour started from...I took this photo for you Vireya...all the spring bulbs in Green Park. Technically this park belongs to the royal family but is graciously available for all to enjoy. The beautiful grounds of Buckingham Palace are behind this park.

DH and I were a bit early for the tour so we were able to choose what we thought would be good seats...and they were! Note the Ritz behind the bus.


The bus soon filled up with other tourists and we were off on our tour...
In the photo above we are driving past Hyde Park...
The first war memorial we saw....



Another war memorial...

The photo below shows Wellington's home. It is still owned by the present Duke of Wellington...

I loved this block...

Nelson's Column in Trafalgur Square...
It was lovely seeing those beautiful lions again...I fell in love with them in 2008!

Also near Trafalgur Square is the lovely church, St Martins in the Field...


An unusual sculpture...it is a horse head drinking...


The Canadian Embassy...

The London Eye...
The tower in the Houses of Parliament. The clock known as Big Ben.
Another view ....
That famous bridge....

The Courts...

The new building called the Shard...it resembles a shard of glass...


Another view of The Shard

Part of the Tower of London..

Another view of the Tower of London...
I was rugged up in my Candian hat, my Scottish scarf and my NZ jacket! 

This is just a few of the photos that we took on the bus tour... But it's still a lot of photos for one post!! So I  write another post at some time, about the river cruise that we took from the wharf near the Tower. It was all part of the Big Bus Tour program. 


7 comments:

Lin said...

I do love seeing the tourists view of London! xx

Susan said...

Brilliant! Thanks for all those pics. I love seeing them. Looking forward to the rest of the big bus tour too.
You look so smart in your hat, scarf and jacket (I love the purple) :D)

Anonymous said...

lovely pics Maria,thankyou for sharing.xx

Una said...

I always recommend those tours when my relatives visit London. My hubby was one of the builders who renovated Nelson's Column a few years ago. He has an amazing photo of himself at the top next to Nelson's head which is really huge when close up.

Vireya said...

Wow, a picture of the Queen's spring bulbs just for me!

That's a fantastic bus trip - you've seen so many famous sights all in one go.

Marit Johanne said...

It is exciting to follow you on your trip! I know there will be a lot of interesting posts! Have a nice travel!

Arun said...

Nie Blog I am very impressed,thanks for sharing..

Coach Rental and Bus Charter Services Grow in Popularity as More People Value Travel: http://www.europa-coaches-croatia.com/