Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

FNSI...

Or in my case, Friday Night Knit In :-)....
It's that time of year again when I race to finish a knitted throw to donate to the Parish Art and Craft Show. This event is always on the first weekend of July, so it's getting close. This year I've suggested to the organisers that they might like to raffle the throw instead of my setting a price and selling it at the show. 
Any way, I'm very close to finishing the knitting and had hoped to finish last night...that was too ambitious and I still have 6 more stripes, plus a upper border to knit. So maybe tomorrow it will be finished...in plenty of time!
Holding it up by the circular knitting needle...

Holding it out, to show more of the width...

Holding it sideways...

The next photo shows the colours more clearly...


So a bit more knitting, some blocking, some fringing, a sewn on label and a tag label to be done and then it will be finished. The 'Memories of Marge' throw, the 2014 donation, will be ready :-)

12 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely and thoughtful....

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Another beautiful blanket! Well done.

Susan said...

Thought i could hear your needles clicking away! I love it - you know that!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful blanket Maria. I love the colours too. What yarn did you use? xox

Lin said...

Looking even more gorgeous! xx

Marit Johanne said...

Beautiful colors! Thank you for your comment on my Edinburgh post. I enjoyed my stay so much. There will be more posts later :)

angela said...

Looks very nice indeed. We have been making blankets for the needy as well. Wish there were not so many needy in this world, but we can all do a little bit to make their lives a little better.

Vireya said...

Looks lovely! I hope it raises a good amount.

Josie said...

Gorgeous blanket and such a lot of time and effort spent on making it. You are very generous in donating.

JeanN said...

Love it! How do I get some raffle tickets?

Tania said...

Hi Maria, that is really lovely, gorgeous colours, and very generous to offer it to be raffled.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It's beautiful, love the colours! So thoughtful too :)

-Soma