Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Compare and Contrast...

I've written a few posts lately about the Let's Get Stitched 2015 weekend. I took a lot of photos that weekend but one or two in particular might seem a bit strange. I took photos of the bathroom in the hotel room I shared with Wendy and Judy. You see it was such a contrast compared to the bathroom in my hotel room at last year's Let's Get Stitched.
In Rydges Bell City in Preston (Melbourne) I had chosen the 'Sleep and Go' budget accomodation option as I wasn't sharing. The room was very compact and quite comfortable but when I saw the bathroom, I just started laughing! 
The hotel room was so compact/tiny, it was hard to get into a position to take a photo of this bathroom...but I did get a few photos...
Yes that alcove in the corner is the bathroom...and yes, that is the toilet you can see in the shower recess...
another view of the compact bathroom...
You can see the lever for the shower, the dual flush buttons for the loo...and of course the toilet roll. The towel is on a very high towel rail too. And a shower curtain pulled right around which kept the toilet paper dry while you showered...see why I got the giggles?? Lol. 
So now let's contrast that bathroom with this year's bathroom...
A spa bath no less....

Very swish and plenty of room to move! 
My lovely room mates saved the little hotel soaps and shampoo for me to hand on to K4BN for the toiletry/hygiene packs that the group hands out to needy people. 
The 'Melbourne bathroom' may have made me laugh, but I think I prefer this year's somehow. :-)

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a contrast. Though they both get the job done, the second one looks a lot more spacious. I have stayed in places with similar baths, including one in Paris where I had to be in bed in order for my roommate to open the bathroom door to enter or exit. Lots of laughs. Travel is such fun.

Christine M said...

There is certainly a big difference there, Maria. So did you indulge in a spa bath?

Vireya said...

Aah, but if you had never seen the Melbourne one, would you have enjoyed this one so much?

Sue Niven said...

The toilet shower combination! so funny! I just kept thinking soggy tissues.

doodles n daydreams said...

What a contrast! It's amazing what you can fit into a corner if you try. I take photo's of hotel bathrooms as well, they are so different to my own.

Diana

Susan said...

I guess it all comes down to $$$$- both when building and when staying

angela said...

The little bathroom look like one in a small caravan. I do not like to sit where I shower. So I got the bigger van so I could have a separet sitting place and shower place lol the bigger bathroom is nicer. And we all deserve some luxuries

creations.1 said...

bathroom fetish or not!!!! lol!!! Be careful maria - this could become an obsession!!