Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Some generous people...

I sometimes joke that I have some 'out workers'...friends, family and sometimes complete strangers, who hand over items to me which they have made or collected from others. These items are for Knitting for Brisbane's Needy, who then distributes to those in need.
A few weeks ago, DH and I decided that it might be a good idea to take a load of these items up to 'headquarters' rather than wait for the next knit and natter...and besides, the load was too much for Mitzi Micra, my little car. Parts of Queensland and the Northern Territory have been hit by cyclones in recent weeks, so there has been increased demand for the items that K4BN distributes. 
Here's some of the items that DH and I were able to hand in, thanks to the generosity of 'my out workers'....
From Marlene in Tassie...
Marlene describes herself as a 'gatherer' for the group, but she also makes a lot of things too. The teddies are mostly dressed in ponchos crocheted in indigenous colours...beautiful!

From my sister in law...15 baby and children quilts...
All beautifully made using lovely bright fabrics.

In a big surprise, I got a phone call from a lady who crochets a lot of beanies for K4BN, and she said she had some knitted blankets for the group. These blankets had come from the Oncology Unit of the local private hospital. Patients and others are encouraged to knit squares and these are then sewn into blankets for charity...and K4BN was chosen to get this lot...absolutely amazing!
I also draped all these blankets over my old cane lounge to get photos...

And I got back to work and finished joining squares and weaving in all the 'ends' to finally make 15 blankets...all from donated squares. ( a few squares made by me...but only a few) The collage shows 16 but I repeated one photo to fill all the squares! :-)
Thank you also to Helen Mc, Toni Mc and Irene N, for the items you've given me to pass on to K4BN. 

11 comments:

Cynthia said...

Such beautiful things. Nim sure the recipients will be blessed by having them.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful work Maria. Well done to you and all your 'Outworkers'. Not only are these blankets warm but with all those bright colours it would be uplifting to receive one. Love the Teddy Bears.

creations.1 said...

Wow maria - you have some very generous 'outworkers' - I am sure these will all be loved by their recipients.

Anonymous said...

wow Maria thats awesome xx

Becky said...

WOW! Such beautiful creations!

Maria said...

What a WONDERFUL generous giving folk out there. also you and your hubby are fabulous caring sharing folk for the work you do....XXX

Jill Butler Design said...

What an amazing bunch of people you know. And there will be so many people made very happy when they receive these gorgeous items!

Chookyblue...... said...

a huge effort...........looks like a spam comment there too.........

Mizumatte said...

so amazing, what a heartwarming things many people do, you too Maria.take care Jaana

Lin said...

What fantastic people you know Maria and so generous. xx

Marit Johanne said...

It is wonderful to see how much people are giving!