Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hexies and Stamps...

Last Friday night I cut out hexagons for the Hexie Down Under Swap that I had joined. By Friday I had already received hexie flowers from 3 other ladies who had joined the swap...
They are so beautiful!
I had said that I like purples, teals and blues and the fabrics these ladies chose are just perfect!

Now you might wonder about the word 'stamps' in the subject of this post...well it's postage stamps. For years I have collected used stamps which I hand in to our parish who pass them on to another group in the Anglican diocese and these stamps are sold to raise funds for various projects in Missions. Various friends hand on their stamps to me as well, so I can get quite a bundle in no time. This was a bundle that I handed over in May this year. 


I was thrilled to read in a summary from this year's Synod that the stamps handed in from people in Queensland raised just over $10000 last year...now that must have been a LOT of used stamps! Lol
And those lovely hexies in that first photo all came in envelopes with stamps...and there will be 14 more such envelopes arriving before September 30...
The biscuit tin that I throw the stamps into until I have a ziplock bagful, is steadily filling up again...

So not only lovely hexie flowers coming my way, but more used stamps for the tin! :-)

6 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely flowers Maria. Yes, it's good to make use of the stamps, I collect mine and take them to my Mum who passes them onto someone in the Church. Nice to be able to help someone by doing such a small thing. xx

angela said...

Love the hexies. I don't know of any groups around here that collect stamps. I think I better do some research as we receive a lot of mail through the business. It would be nice to save them and not just throw them away What are you planning on doing with those lovely hexie flowers

Michelle said...

Those are some pretty hexies.

Susan said...

I especailly love the flowery one towards the front - I'll keep any stamps for you now too.

margaret said...

the hexie flowers are pretty. here we get very few stamps so much is franked these days

Anonymous said...

Lovely hexie flowers, I also save stamps but I tend to use them in my craft work, so I'm more likely to be the one who buys them than passes them on!

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk