Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Some sights of Seattle...

In a previous post I wrote about the  'Underground' Tour of Seattle, but in our few days there in this lovely city, back in late August, we  enjoyed walking around looking at the 'above ground' parts too!
 A giant Saxophone sculpture...purple too!
 One of the trams...
 A Sheriff's car cruising the streets...
 A busker in a city square...
 We took this photo as DsD1's partner is called Dan...
I showed him these 2 photos and joked that as well as being a grazier, he has a sideline business as well!

Coming from a city that cared little for historical buildings and tore most of them down in the 1960 and 70s, I loved all the old buildings in Seattle. 

In another post I'll write about the afternoon we spent at the Space Needle. This iconic structure was built as part of the World Fair in 1962. I'll also write about the time we spent exploring Pikes Market another well known landmark of Seattle. 

3 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

I've been touring Seattle with you. I think I would probably have enjoyed the underground tour as I enjoy historic stuff. It always amazes me to be able to touch old/ancient stuff and know people hundreds of years ago have as well. Mad? Maybe, lol. I enjoyed the pops of colour here and there in the top-side of Seattle as well.
Enjoy your day.

Diana

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I always have fun reading about the adventures! Wonderful photos :)

-Soma

angela said...

Omg I love the purple sax lol great photos. Keep them coming.