Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

A morning spent playing...

Yesterday I minded my niece's little boy Maximo, while she attended a training session for her job. Together we did some craft...
First, I helped Max make his crown...
Like all little people, Max loves stickers so I had made sure we had a supply! :-)
We went for a walk down the street to a building site as Max loves 'diggers'. It had been raining so no one was working on the site that morning...
So we didn't have to dodge trucks etc, coming and going from the site...
The excavator was a relatively small machine but still pretty terrific to a 2 year old.
When we walked back home, it was time for morning tea...Max regularly told me during the morning that he was hungry! Lol
Then we played with the play dough...this seemed to be the most favourite activity of the morning.
I had bought a pack of play dough 'utensils' from Riot, but the 'pusher' required a Herculean effort to push dough through the holes...so I got out my garlic press and it worked much better, squeezing out 'sketti'! ( my girls had always played with the garlic press when they were little)

Max loves my exercise bike...
But no matter how he tried, his feet didn't touch the pedals! 

The box of Teddies came out for a while too...
And it wasn't long before my niece arrived to collect Max...where had the morning gone; it had passed so quickly?

5 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds pretty tiring to me - but fun I'm sure.

Christine M said...

I bet you were exhausted by the end of the day, Maria!

doodles n daydreams said...

Sounds like a fun morning - especially for wee Max. I used to love looking after my grandkids when they were little.

Diana

margaret said...

not sure who enjoyed play time most, how wonderful to have a littleone to share some time with they grow up far too fast

Maria said...

Such fun looking after cute little Max but I am sure an Aunty Nap was needed that afternoon...