Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

An Etsy Purchase and other crafty 'stuff'...

I've mentioned previously that I have been working on some 'secret projects' recently. These kind of projects usually involve a fair bit of 'stalking' of blogs to discover likes/favourites etc of those certain persons who are my swap partners.

One of the secret projects I have 'on the go' at the moment...

Well I discovered that one of these unnamed bloggers rather liked mice, so I went looking on the 'net' for crafting ideas which incorporated mice.
There was a designer on Etsy who had some lovely stitching patterns using mice but I really wanted a knitting theme. So...I wrote to this designer asking if she had ever considered developing some embroidery designs of 'knitting mice'. Susie Layman from Threads on my Socks answered my query saying she had in fact, some ideas for her mice characters, Miss Mousey and Lily, using a knitting theme. Susie said she would work on these ideas and get back to me. I didn't expect to hear back from her for several weeks, but it was only a couple of days! Needless to say, I loved the 'knitting mice' and promptly bought the pattern.
The pattern was instant download and includes 'mirror image' outlines as well as a page of motifs that can be incorporated into the larger stitchery or used on their own in various way. All this makes it a user friendly pattern and very versatile.
So Miss Mousey and Lily: A Knitting Kind of Day, here enjoying a Knit and Natter session...love them!
(Screen shot from Threads on my Socks Etsy Shop) 
And talking of knitting, Master Eduardo has been sitting patiently beside me as I continue on with that other project...
It's well over half way so 'right on target'! 

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Isn't it lovely to have such a friendly companion when stitching or knitting or whatever really. Your boy is very handsome.
That's great service with the patterns. So nice.

Maria said...

Hmmm!! Some interesting secret stuff there Maria..
Master Eduardo looks happy there..

Hope all is well with you and all the other ladies after the storm..

Susan said...

What great service!!

Its a wonder Mr Eduardo isn't on your lap!

Cynthia said...

I love the knitting mice. I've never used a pattern like this. Do you have to trace it onto the cloth rather than ironing it on?

angela said...

Happiness is some soft yarn in your hands and a cat on your lap. But I have two so they have to take turns lol

Aussie Maria said...

Oh, the sheep secret (sshhh) looks interesting. What a clever and helpful Etsy seller

Anthea said...

Aren't you the clever one Maria... the mice will be very well-received I'm sure!

susie said...

I can't wait to see your project finish Maria! So happy that you are enjoying the pattern. I am getting ready to finish my stitching and will be making it into a bag of some sort.
Thank you so much for the mention! I enjoy making patterns and especially for people like you, who enjoy them so. Happy Knitting!