Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

The 'Monastery'; the story continues...

In August last year I wrote a post here about how I had a collection of monk and nun cookie jars and a monk jug. I described how this collection started, and shared photos from the 1970s...
I also explained how in 2003 I had 'lost' all but a German made 'monk jug', when my first husband took the collection claiming it was his???? 
But I wrote about how my DD1 had decided that she would track down and buy some replacements; which she did by purchasing 2 monk cookie jars...and I had found a nun cookie jar in the US on EBay.
I explained that I bought the nun so my daughter didn't spend far too much money trying to track one down to buy for me. The nun cookie jars must be fairly rare, because  if you find any, they are quite expensive. (The little nun in the photo was bought in The Vatican City)

Now I'm 'revisiting' all this because last Sunday at Sunday Stitchers, Lynda gave me this box...
  And inside was this little fellow!

Yes, another monk to join my 'monastery'. Lynda had remembered reading the post I had written and when she saw this monk in an op shop ( thrift shop) , she bought him for me. I haven't given him a name yet, but that will come! Lol

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Just looking at him makes me smile! Such a fun collection.

Christine M said...

What a great collection, Maria.

Susan said...

How lovely...I did wonder what was in that box!