Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

My goodness the last week has gone quickly; doesn't seem like a week since my last Wool on Sunday post! Linking up my post with Janine's Rainbow Hare blog.
During last week I finished the 'knitting part' of that ripple/chevron throw in blues and black. I just have the fringing to do, label to sew on and a couple of ends to weave in. (I usually weave the ends in as I change colours but there's always a few that somehow weren't knitted in)
And last night DD1 and Cam dropped in and of course I showed Cam his new rug...he no longer has to share my daughter's pink blankie! lol. We got him to 'model' it for a photo...he was really thrilled as we had kept it a secret that he was getting his own throw. Next time they're over visiting, it will be all finished and able to go home with them.
Notice how Eduardo was sitting in his favourite spot and he wasn't moving for anyone! 😀
Last week's post was about my 'missing' started ripple throw. Some of the yarn that I bought the other month on my visit to the Bendigo Woollen Mill, will be just perfect for it! 
But I have a few 'must do' projects that might have to come first...one will entail working with the purples in my yarn stash! 😊


9 comments:

Kim said...

Blue is much more Cam's colour.=) There is never enough hours in a day is there. I do like the yearn you are going to incorporate into your missing ripple throw. Have a lovely week.

Michelle Ridgway said...

So nice to have your lovely throw loved and appreciated xx

Nanna Chel said...

Yes those colours are probably better than pink for the throw, Maria. LOL! Have a productive week!

angela said...

Looks very nice. And toasty warm too

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That blanket is perfect for Cam. He looks very happy with it. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was thinking I would comment "Lovely Blanket. Cam looks very happy with it". That is exactly what Janine said!! Great minds? He DOES look like he likes it a lot.
xx, Carol

Susan said...

What??? you are using purple yarn??? Lovely throw for Cam and really why should Mr Eduardo move?? he is the master afterall.

Jackie said...

Love the look of contentment on his face. Awesome job keeping your gift a secret.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Or they can snuggle under both of them together. =) Wonderful ripple. You're making me itch to pick up a crochet hook, and I have no yarn!