Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Wool on Sundays


Joining in with Wool on Sunday on Janine's Rainbow Hare blog. Janine wrote a lovely post about a family treasure; a vintage china doll called Iris. Janine waited a long time for the doll to be passed down to her and has made some lovely knitted dolls' clothes for Iris. Read about Iris here...
So what yarn related things have I been up to recently? In the last month I have finished one knitting project and started another.

DD2 had seen a 'rainbow' baby blanket in ripple stitch for sale online and fell in love with the colours. I offered to make something similar, but knitted rather than crocheted.
I went online looking for yarn in all those bright colours and decided on Heirloom Colourworks 8 ply wool. I hadn't used this yarn before and what a lovely surprise it was...the softness of the yarn was amazing! It knitted up quickly and by mid July, little Holly had a new blankie.
On the 'handover day', I took some photos...

But after I got home that day, DD2 had been busy taking photos and sent me these...the photos really show all those bright colours that the young mums love so much these days...

After that project was completed I started on yet another ripple stitch/chevron throw. Last year when my  hairdresser  got married I had given her an IOU for a knitted throw as a wedding present. It took ages to get her to suggest colours etc but finally at my June appointment, she said she liked the combination of pinks with blacks.

So it's about a third done; it's been fun gathering up all the pinks in my stash and buying a few new ones.

11 comments:

Dorothy said...

Awwww .. Holly is so pretty - as is her lovely new blankie. Is that yarn an Aussie one or did you get it from overseas? The pink and black blanket looks amazing too. I like how you incorporate different textures into your blankets. Must try that one day. Knitted things seem to drape nicer than crochet but I do prefer to crochet as its so much quicker. It would take me years to make a knitted blanket. xox

Lin said...

Beautiful rainbow throw - and beautiful baby! I love the pink and black combo - it's going to be gorgeous. xx

angela said...

What a cutie. Beautiful blanket
I love the bright colours too. But I really love the pink and black

Nanna Chel said...

You are much more productive than I have been, Maria. Holly is simply gorgeous as is the blanket. I have a new grandson but I probably won't see him for a while. I haven't made anything for him as his parents didn't want to know if they were having a boy or a girl and wanted to be surprised...as you do with your fourth child I guess :-)He is three weeks old tomorrow and cute as a button of course.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Dear little Holly is adorable and the blanket you've knitted for her is beautiful. It looks really soft and snug :) The one you are making for your hairdresser also looks great your colours and textures all look fab together. Thank you very much for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the rainbow ripple but wow the pink and black is looking good......

margaret said...

loving the blanket and can see the Holly loves it too

Jackie said...

Holly looks to be enchanted with her bright blanket. Well done.

God bless.

Mizumatte said...

love the cute little sweetie and her blanket and the pink and black- not a combonation I would think but love it. take care Jaan

Kim said...

How sweet Holly looks laying on her colourful blanket...and happy! It is a gorgeous blanket, Maria; love the colours. Love the hairdresser's blanket too. You have been knitting up a storm with those needles of yours.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.